My favourite part about the whole blogging thing? The community you get to develop along the way. My sweet friend Heidi recently photographed a few hair tutorials that my darling Aylin developed. Having my hair played with was the very best way to spend a cold winter morning. I’ve asked Aylin to take over today to share a few of her steps for achieving this look on your own.
I’m confident I’m not alone when I say that I’m on a perpetual hunt for bobby pins to keep those little fly aways in place. I think most of you can relate when I say I typically have a small stash in my purse, my back pocket, my nightstand… what have you. Hair emergencies are real! The not knowing what to do with our mop can be challenging, but I love playing around with unique ways of changing things up. Today’s hairstyle is inspired by those emergency bobby pins.
3 Bobby pins
Wide tooth comb
Bumble and Bumble Hairspray “Does it All”
1. Starting by loosely curling your hair using your straightener or curling wand.
2. Grab two sections of hair from the front and pull them back, just like you would when you wear your hair half up.
3. Throwing perfection out the window, cross one section of hair over the other.
4. Hold your hair in the middle and with your first bobby pin, pointing up, pin it into your hair on the diagonal.
5. Do the same on the other side (remember this does not have to be perfect!)
6. With the third bobby pin, pin it horizontally, creating a triangle.
7. Gently tuck away any wayward pieces of hair, and comb through the rest of your main with your fingers.
8. Spray with hairspray and go about your day.
If you’re looking for more. make sure to follow @cabellobycarolina on Instagram for daily tips and tricks. Thanks for reading, can’t wait to see your creations! Until next time have a great hair day!
filed in /