Photo: Jenni Kayne
I was recently prepping my editorial calendar in anticipation for my upcoming mat leave (I’m bound and determined to have a ton of posts prepped for you while I’m off for a little while!), when I stumbled upon this post from last year. It’s one that I know a lot of you really enjoyed, and I truly still use each and every item on that list (save for no. 19 – I still love it, but it went out the window when I switched all of my beauty products over to all natural ones, which you can read more about here if you’d like). The sentiment of wanting to focus more on quality over quantity around here still rings true, and definitely carried itself well into 2019 and beyond. I thought it’d be fun to put together an update, of sorts, and share my very favourite purchases from 2019. The ones that I’ve used, love, and am MORE than happy to stand behind.
1) I’ve gone on and on at length about how much I love Cuyana (their makeup bags are seriously magic – over two years of heavy daily use and still nary a stain), so it’s no surprise that their classic tote, which I eyed forever before pulling the trigger, also ranks high atop my list of must haves. Not only is the quality insanely wonderful, but it’s like the Mary Poppins’ of bags – I swear it fits anything and everything and I guarantee I’ll be preaching about it for life
2) This organic BB+ tinted sunscreen is a clean way to get in daily sun protection. Plus, it makes my skin look positively dreamy
3) I call this one my barbecue shirt, and can’t believe how often I reached for it when the weather was more forgiving. It has a beautiful weight to it, it’s incredibly flattering, and has worn so well
4) I have preached about the importance of quality sheets many times over the years, and these bad boys have definitely become a favourite in our household this year. They’re the softest organic cotton, they’re made in Canada (represent!) and they’ve simply worn so beautifully, I swear they’re softer and softer with age
5) Staying cozy is always the name of my game, and this sweater has been in heavy rotation for a while now. It’s just so dang soft, and the quality is unmatched
6) This mascara took a little while for me to find, but it’s clean, it goes on beautifully, it works wonderfully, and it actually lasts. Hurrah!
7) As a larger chested woman, finding a bra that both looks and feels good has been a challenge. But once I discovered these babies, I quickly tossed every other bra in my drawer. I truly wear them exclusively, and have had zero qualms about it
8) While we were in the thick of trying to get pregnant, I decided to treat myself to a dainty piece of jewelry I’d wear daily as a reminder to stay present, let go, and trust in our journey. I’m a little biased for that reason, but it’s quickly become one of my favourite pieces, and I love the constant reminder every time I glance at my wrist
9) If you’ve yet to pull the trigger on a sherpa sweatshirt, please consider this your sign. It is the ultimate in cozy, and a must have as far as I’m concerned
10) A simple pair of white sneakers are a necessity in any closet, and these guys are cute, comfortable, and go very easy on your wallet
11) This sweater tank has quickly become a mainstay in my closet. It’s timeless, luxurious, and, again, so flattering. I love that it can also be dressed up or down, depending on the day
12) While I don’t really splurge on much when it comes to my wardrobe, good quality sunglasses tend to be the exception. I picked up these guys early last year and I get more compliments on them than just about anything else in my closet
13) Similar to the mascara, it took longer than I would have liked- but I finally found a clean brow powder that actually works
14) While I am definitely trying to stay away from “fast fashion” as much as possible, this cardigan (which is currently on sale for $13), is one of my most worn pieces this year
15) I spent a lot of time in 2019 getting my health back on track, and this cookbook definitely helped
16) While not exactly “clean”, I picked up these guys late last year and they are form and function at their very best (they look so pretty sitting atop our counter!) Plus, once we used up what was originally inside, we refilled them with cleaner alternatives so now we can use em’ guilt free
17) It’s no secret that I’m a creature of comfort (give me leggings over jeans any day of the week) which means that high heels are just not my schtick. These day heels, however? They’re ones I can definitely stand behind. The heel is just high enough to feel a little sexy, but they’re still incredibly comfortable and instantly elevate just about any outfit
18) If you’ve followed me on instagram stories at any point in the last year, you’ve definitely spotted this cashmere hat. I wear it almost daily and love it to its very core
19) I fully believe the key to any great wardrobe is uncovering really great basics. I picked up a couple of these camis months ago, and wear them regularly. They’re incredibly comfortable, flattering, and I love that the square neckline feels just a little more streamlined
20) These pyjamas have quickly become my go-to’s – they’re so incredibly soft and cozy, and look just as good today as they did when I first picked them up, which says a lot considering how often they’re in use.
21) I used to be vehemently against faux plants, but have come a long way in recent years. We have these guys on our dining room table, and that hint of greenery (that I never have to think about!) totally and completely brings the space to life
filed in /
I love the outfit. Where is the jeans from??? Looooove them.
Can you let us know what brand and style your jeans and tshirt are?
It isn’t me in that photo but everything is from Jenni Kayne :)