I’d be willing to go out on a limb and say that there isn’t a soul in the world who wouldn’t thoroughly appreciate a DIY hot cocoa kit showing up at their door. It’s just the sweetest gesture, one that’s sure to warm even the grinchiest of grinch hearts this season. It’s the perfect solution for literally everyone on your list; from teachers, to neighbours, to in-laws and beyond. But I, personally, love the idea of spreading a little cheer to someone who may be feeling particularly blue around this time each year. The best part is it couldn’t be simpler to make. And you can grab every last step below.
Note: if you do tackle this bad boy, please share on Instagram using #LarkandLinenDIY – I’d love to take a peek at your results
Merry & Bright template
Winter greens & pinecones- we foraged ours outdoors
Hot cocoa powder
Cellophane bag for cocoa powder
Scalloped dish for marshmallows
1) Download the merry & bright template, and print it out on to label paper.
2) Cut out the label along the gray line, then stick it on to the box.
3) Fill the cellophane bag with cocoa powder, tie off with a twist tie and finish with plaid ribbon. Fill a scalloped dish with mini marshmallows.
4) Fill the box 3/4 of the way with kraft fill, then place in the mug, cocoa, marshmallows, and any other accessories you’d like to be part of your gift.
5) Tuck sprigs of greenery or little pinecones in any gaps.
Notes: this gift is most cost-effective if you make several at a time. You can easily downsize it by sticking to just the cocoa ingredients, or you can go big by adding little extras like the candle & matches.
Photography: Ruth Eileen Photography
filed in /
I loved it!
[…] A hot cocoa kit: the easiest “homemade” gift (that everyone will love). […]
[…] 1. The Hot Cocoa Kit | lark & linen […]