I’m sharing one of my new favourite cocktails over on my friend Corina’s blog today! The strawberry basil bellini. It’s sweet and bubbly and all sorts of delicious. Go. Go. Go!
Read on for the recipe…
Strawberry Basil Bellini
Strawberry and basil simple syrup topped with bubbly prosseco. Fancy and delicious!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 43g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- Champagne or prosecco
- In a medium saucepan, combine strawberries, basil, sugar and water and cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. At this point strawberries should be soft and the juices should start to release.
- Pour into heat-proof bowl and cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place in blender or food processor and blend until smooth, then pour through a fine strainer.
- To assemble, add 1/4 strawberry mixture to your glass, top with champagne or prosecco and garnish with a ripe strawberry and sprig of basil!
Adapted from Carolina Girl Cooks
Lark & Linen Interior Design and Lifestyle Blog https://jacquelynclark.com/
Click here for more recipes!
All images original to Lark & Linen
FIND ME: Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin’