Improving upon the classic goodness of a chocolate chip cookie is impossible. Or rather I thought it was impossible. Then I decided to stuff a Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe Joe in the middle creating a sandwich of gooey, chocolatey, peppermint chip goodness. First let me tell you if you aren’t familiar with a Joe Joe you are missing out. These bad boys only come out during the holiday season and they always sell out. So my suggestion, shop early and stock pile. Second plan to at least double your batch as these are guaranteed to impress. Oh, and if you’re not a fan of the whole peppermint and chocolate combo ( well you’re crazy…just kidding…kind of) feel free to substitute the Joe Joe for your classic Oreo. Happy Monday Loves! Truly, MKR of Waiting On Martha
Click for recipe…
Peppermint Stuffed Cookies
A cookie stuffed in a cookie! It doesn't get better than that
2 1/2 (or 3 if you like your cookies real gooey) cups Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate chips
1 box of Trader Joe's "Candy Cane Joe Joe's"
If Peppermints not your thing simply leave it out and use traditional Oreo Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper of Silpat mats
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt, lightly mixing. Set aside.
3. Beat softened butter, brown sugar, and sugar until fully combined and creamy. While beating on low add vanilla, peppermint, and eggs.
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Once combined add chocolate chips.
5. Take 1 Trade Joe's Jo Jo and with an ice cream scoop scoop out 2 scoops of cookie dough 6. and make a sandwich with the Jo Jo in the middle. Press lightly and work the cookie dough all around the Jo Jo so it encases the cookie completely. Smooth out the dough in your hands so the entire cookie forms the shape of a hockey puck, but slightly smaller. Place on cookie sheet and repeat.
7. Bake cookies for 10-14 minutes, or until they slightly brown on the bottom and top. **Remember your cookie will continue to bake a minute or so after you take them out of the oven so don't overcook them!**
8. Let cool for 15 minutes on a cookie rack and enjoy.