Hey guys! Sarah here from Girlcrush. While Jacquelyn is having the time of her life on the Amalfi Coast (I’m not jealous at all, are you?) I thought I would share a little taste of Italy for all of us stuck at home!
I found this recipe in the June issue of House and Home, one of my favourite places for recipes, and immediately needed to try it. Enjoyed warm or cold (I prefer the pasta warm although it is meant to be served cold) this dish is a must try.
For the Dressing:
Olive oil for brushing
1 lb plum tomatoes halved lengthwise
1 clove of garlic, minced (I used 2)
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad (Pasta):
1 lb dried pasta, such as penne or farfalle
5 oz of washed baby kale
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 lb fresh mozzarella
1/4 lb thinly sliced prosciutto
1. Line a heavy-dute baking tray with foil.
2. Brush both the foil and tomatoes with olive oil.
3. Place tomatoes on tray skin-side-up.
4. Broil for 6″ from heat until lightly charred, approximately 5 minutes on skin side and 10 on cut side. Remove and cool.
5. Place tomatoes, garlic and vinegars in a blender. Puree. Slowly add oil. Transfer to a bowl.
6. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drains and rinse with cold water until cool, or enjoy the pasta warm.
7. Place pasta, kale and chopped basil in a large mixing bowl.
8. Add some dressing and season. Mix.
9. Arrange on a large serving platter or plates.
10. Tear mozzarella into chunks and distribute on top.
11. Tear prosciutto into ribbons and distribute on top.
12. Drizzle with oil and enjoy!
You can rest assured that this will be the FIRST thing I make upon my return. A big thank you to Sarah, recipe maker extra-ordinaire.
filed in /