Can I be totally honest? The whole bridal thing? It’s not completely for me. At least, not in the traditional sense. I have no judgement to any of those who jump into it all with both feet, but most everything bridal related simply feels a little over the top to me. I mean, you’ll be able to find TONS of lists the likes of this “bridal essentials guide” online, but you guys – they’re mostly all the same – and half of the stuff they mention you truly don’t need (unless of course you want it!)
I know I’ve mentioned that it’s been our mission during the course planning our wedding to really make it our own and challenge almost every tradition. And now that we’re almost there, I feel pretty proud of us for sticking to our guns. That said, there are a few items I’ve relied on heavily over the last few months. My own version of “bridal essentials”, if you will. And I thought it’d be fun to share them. From Crest 3D White Whitestrips with Light, which have quickly and effortlessly changed both of our smiles entirely, to the lavender oil that has kept me calm and centred, following are a few of my current must haves…
1) Comfortable Flats: for dancing the night away (on multiple occasions)
2) Crest White Strips (get the one with Blue Light Technology): These whitening strips have come so far over the years and they are a total wedding game changer you guys. I promise you I’m not just saying that because this post is sponsored – they instantly transformed both Justin and my smile, and have helped us look and feel our very best the whole way through, without having to take a trip to the dentist (because any task that can be removed from your to-do list is ACES). Even better, the results last 36 months so we were able to use them once and not have to worry about all our upcoming wedding-related events.
3) Flutter Magazine: Of all the bridal magazines I pored over, this one was the most inspirational
4) Swell Bottle: I’ve been carrying around my Swell bottle everywhere I go in an effort to ensure I’m constantly hydrated (see: glowy skin and a clear mind). So far, so good.
5) A Nice Bottle of Champagne: for you (obviously), but also, when in doubt, it makes for the perfect hostess or thank you gift.
6) Silk Ribbon: this one may seem a little strange, but hear me out. I originally purchased this silk ribbon simply for styling photos for instagram (don’t judge me!), but I’ve been amazed at how often I’ve pulled it out. From wrapping thank you gifts, to loosely tying around my (future) wedding bouquet, it’s one of those tiny details that goes a really long way.
7) Pretty Thank You Cards: I swear to you I’ve written more thank you cards in the last three months than I have in the entirety of my life. You’re going to want to stock up on these guys for sure
8) A Cute & Comfortable Robe: I originally picked up this guy for “getting ready photos” the day of our wedding, but it has already been a bit of a workhorse in our home. I throw it on when I’m prepping for any fun event leading up to the big day, and it instantly makes me feel great!
9) A Hydrating Overnight Cream: for instantly glowing skin, without any fuss
10) Detox Tea: I’m not going to lie, I’ve definitely imbibed more during the course of our engagement than usual. There are simply so many celebrations to be had! And while a detox tea has been in my arsenal for a while now, it has been working particularly hard as of late. In spite of the champagne that’s likely coursing through my body at any given moment, my skin is clear, my stomach is happy, and my energy is abundant.
11) Lady Marry App: I’ve mentioned this app a few times now, but you guys it’s been a wedding game changer. It has kept me SO organized and has made wedding planning a literal breeze
12) Lavender Oil: as someone who suffers from anxiety – especially at the thought of being centre of attention – lavender oil is my number one must-have. A little drop on the wrists and temples instantly calms me, and makes me sleep like a baby, I swear.
filed in /